Wednesday, March 5, 2008 at 10:56am by The Free Geek
One of the great things about open source is that you know the software you’re using is made by real people, who understand real needs. In financial software, we see a great application of this "real people" effect, offering high levels of customization and ease of use. In this software collection, you’ll find tools that were made with you in mind, and are often completely free to boot. Finance Managers With these finance management packages, you can stay on top of all of your accounts in one convenient place.
- My Money: Use this financial software that works with online bank statements to stay on top of your accounts.
- PyCheckbook: This simple finance manager offers easy to use checkbook registering.
- jGnash: JGnash offers a lot of the same features as commercial finance management software, such as reports, account reconciliation, and transaction entry, but in a free, open source format.
- NetWorth: This program offers functions similar to MS Money, with a checkbook register, bill scheduling, forecasting, and more.
- Chump Change: Manage your personal finances with this budget-oriented tool.
- KMyMoney: This manager is very reminiscent of Quicken, with a similar user interface and exporting.
- GPF: Get reports, data, and more from this personal finance manager.
- Money Manager Ex: With this personal finance manager, you can track your income, net worth, and more.
- GnuCash: This popular financial accounting software is great for personal and small business finance management.
- RQ Money: Use this household finance manager for reports, data, and more.
- Grisbi: With this personal accounting software, you can manage accounts, currencies, and even juggle multiple users.
- Mjrz Personal Finance Manager: This simple tool is great, even for those that aren’t familiar with accounting principles.
- Monex: Organize your accounts and transactions using this money management tool.
- eMani: With this software, you can record and analyze your finances.
- Wampum Personal Finance: This personal accounting program integrates with tools like GNUCash and OpenOffice.org.
- Common Cents: Track account balances, statements, and more with this household accounting program.
- Penny Pincher: This tool will make it easy to create weekly, monthly, and more budget types.
- Where my money go?: Find out where your money goes and adjust your spending habits with this application.
Business These finance tools were made with businesses in mind.
- Dolibarr: Manage your finances, customers, and invoices in this program.
- PyRM: If you’re a freelancer, you’ll love this open source bill manager.
- Gnuaccounting: Write invoices, do double entry bookkeeping, and more, all with the option to embed in OpenOffice.org.
- jbilling: With this billing solution, you’ll be able to handle just a few customers or millions.
- LedgerSMB: Stay on top of business accounting using this double entry system.
- phpBMS: With this business management system, you can quote, order, and invoice.
- Lokad: Forecast your cash flow with this tool’s sales forecasting, inventory optimization, and staff planning.
- LA/OpenBP: Use this billing platform for easy integration.
- Lodo Ruby: Use this financial tool for multi-tenant accounting.
- Simple Invoices: Use this simple, open source invoicing system for easy invoicing.
- Turquaz Financial Accounting: This double entry finance solution was made for small and medium size businesses.
- Mifos: With this suite, you can administer loans to customers.
- eZ Authorize: Use this payment gateway to process payments through Authorize.net.
Investing Use these tools to make investing and growing your money easier and more profitable.
- StockManiac: With StockManiac, you can stay on top of all of your investment accounts.
- Auge: This application will make it easy to manage your portfolio of stocks and mutual funds.
- QuantLib: Consider modeling, pricing, trading and risk management with this tool.
- OSCurrency: Manage alternative currencies such as time with this online system.
- Finance::Quote: With this tool, you can fetch online stock quotes from NYSE, ASX, and more.
- iTrade: Using this trading and charting system, you can manage quotes, data, analysis, and a lot more.
- GD Stock Portfolio Calculator: Use this Google Desktop gadget to track the worth of your investments.
- Stock Returns: Perform advanced calculations for stock and security returns and more.
- Advanced Stock Tracker: Use this tracker to stay on top of the historic prices of stocks and more.
Calculators These calculators make it easy to compute everything from mortgages to currencies.
- ObjectLab Kit: Use this business and financial day calculator to stay on top of holidays, weekends, and more.
- Interest(ing) Calculator: Calculate the financial parameters of loans and deposits based on four variables with this calculator.
- CompoundCalc: This simple calculator will figure out your return based on principal, rate, term, and compounding percent.
- mort: Calculate your mortgage, with amortization, using mort.
- College Cost Calculator: Calculate the cost of college, and enjoy features like saving and loading of data with this cool tool.
- Loan Payment Matrix Calculator: Determine the best loan for you with this calculator.
- MarketCalc: Calculate investment purchases using this calculator.
- Finanx: Get an online emulation of the HP-12C financial calculator with this program.
- xfcalc: This calculator makes it easy to perform financial calculations in two currencies at once.
- GeItCalc: This simple finance calculator allows for time value of money and more.
If you enjoyed this article, please bookmark it at del.icio.us »